Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Don’t let your lead solo loose their interest!

Category: Performance
I used to make a common mistake when I make a solo lead melody using my synthesizer. The common mistake is playing the melody without pause. When I finished with an arpeggio (for example), I follow it with another melodic run, which I think will add interest to my solo lead.

But after analyzing it for a while, I feel that it would better if I pause the solo sometimes, as if I am speaking to my audience with my solo lead. Trust me! it will make your solo more interesting to your listener.
Don’t also think that a quick melodic run will always impress your listener, so you bomb them with massive “quick chick corea melodic run” every times in your solo lead, since sometimes a simple melodic phrase but played using carefully chosen notes will add greater impact to what your listener will feel about your song.

No comments: